Monday, June 2, 2008

Athens


So, now we are in Athens!! Yes, it needs two exclamation points. We were walking around the Plaka last night (the oldest area of Athens) and we turned a corner, looked down at the end of the street and there was the Acropolis with all of its ancient monuments. How cool is that? We spent lots of time in the archaeological museum today and learned a lot about the different types of sculpture and art and whatever else you can think of from ancient times. I think our brains are getting full but it is so wonderful!

Today (June 3) we went to the Acropolis Study Center and learned about some of the educational materials they have for teachers in the area. They gave us all one of their kits and so I will get to share it with my students at WTAMU. I think it will be an neat addition to my class. I think the materials may all be in Greek but I think we can make it work.

We had lunch at the Onassis Foundation. What an awesome place! We learned about some of their scholarship programs and they gave us about 20 pounds of books!! We are all planning on shipping some things home rather than trying to carry those books for the next 5 weeks! I guess I will close for now but we visit the Acropolis tomorrow so I am sure I will have more then.

Ciao!

1 comment:

ChrisP said...

Amy:

Take lots of pictures to add to your visual field trips in your class. Remember that it will all be Greek to your students!